Monday, September 17, 2007

BUSY...

I don't think many people really understand what that term means to me. For the most part, I'm not one to freak out, so that's a really positive thing. However, the older I get, I feel like my "getting overwhelmed factor" has been increasing. (Of course, when class starts I'll let you know about my panic attack status, haha)...

I had a pretty busy weekend and at the moment I feel pretty emotionally drained. I need a vacation yet I'm no where near the time that I can take one. :)

I'm hoping to slow down some after volleyball season. At that point I will just be working full time and going to school full time. Next year I think will be much less stressful. I'll be substituting and going to school with no volleyball to worry about or take up my time. I'm pretty excited about that actually...

I really don't know what the real point of this post is, so sorry for wasting your precious time!!

In other news...

My weekend was packed but pretty great. I had my one credit class which was a retreat to Camp Casey on Whidbey Island. I had lectures and got to meet my cohort for the MAT (master's in teaching) program. That was nice and I'm sure it will be cool to go to class and know or have at least seen the majority of my classmates. I actually met a pretty cool girl there too and we're going to hang out this weekend. She cracks me up. It's scary how alike we are. Farting, burping, etc... I think the only thing we differ on is that I spit... haha. She's great! Anyway, so that was fun and it makes me excited for the program, it's a really great teaching program and they really care about making us good teachers. I'm excited about it.

We won our match against NNU (in 5) for those of you who couldn't be there. It was pretty fun and good to beat them. They are a good team and they have beaten some good teams so it was really good for us to beat them.


Troy visited this weekend which was also really fun. He stayed with me on Saturday night after the match. We went to Brian Ball's house on Sunday in the evening and had dinner. They have two little girls. Kira (almost 2) looks like Katie Balls' twin! SO CUTE! What a happy little girl. :) I had a blast playing with her and being there.

Not that anyone cares about this last tidbit, but I topped off the night by watching "50 first dates"... and yes, I cried... duh. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel I love you. You're the best
!!!

yoohoo said...

well said. couldnt have said it better myself.