Thursday, October 04, 2007

Update of the day

Since I never seem to have enough time on my hands to call anyone and tell them what I'm up to (mom sometimes feels like other people know things before she does)... I'd just like to let everyone know that I'm going to be coaching club volleyball this year. Alyssa and I will be be co-coaches for (hopefully, if they get enough girls to commit) an 18's team. We are so excited! There are a few training days coming up, try outs in November, and practice will start two weeks before Christmas Break. I will have plenty of time to do this with my career at SPU ending (volleyball-wise) and spring quarter (I'm nearly positive) I will have very minimal academic pressures because I have one requirement to volunteer in a classroom for 5 or 6 hours a week. I'm pretty sure that we don't also go to class on top of that... but we'll see. Either way, it's doable. Also, it's a more low-key club, so we won't be traveling as much and there won't be too many tournaments (although I haven't gotten a list of those yet). I'm so excited to be a coach!!! :)

3 comments:

norwegian blond said...

WOW! Sounds like you can't stand to have any down time.....^^ Good luck on your newest adventure; I'm sure you will be a fabulous coach!

yoohoo said...

that sounds cool. happy birthday! you are now what, 22. crazy. i didnt start feeling old till i turned 24. its all downhill from 24. good luck these next 2 years while you are still young.

Anonymous said...

Awe....blogging the only true way to let your mommy know what you're doing!!I'm sure you'll have a great time doing that.