Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Broken Pinky



For those of you who weren't aware, I just noticed I had taken some pictures of my broken finger a few days after I broke it, so I figured, why not post these to the world? Yes, I have a very exciting life... I broke my finger playing kickball! :) haha. It was quite painful, but it was really cool. I dislocated it. The middle of the finger was totally out of the joint socket and I could see the bone and everything. It was pretty swollen the first few days and bruised even worse. But the bruising is nearly gone and it's only a little swollen now. It's been two weeks... so in two weeks from today I can start playing volleyball full out. I've been able to hit and serve, but nothing else and definitely not in any type of real game-like situations. Oh well, life goes on. Sadly, kickball was so fun... so worth it! ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you lead such an exciting life!!!I'm glad your pinky is better.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm so calling you "pinky" wouldn't be making fun of your kickball injury, right?^^ Glad to hear you're a fighter!

yoohoo said...

wow, your right, your life really is boring

yoohoo said...

are there people laying on your bed as you took that picture? I hope I get all the points associated with such an observation

Rachel said...

Oh stop. People sitting on the top of my made-bed is somehow bad how?? We had friends over and we were all doing homework. I really shouldn't have explained that... p.s. my life is WAY exciting! ;)

whit said...

Were you trying to kick the ball with your hand? Just kidding. Sorry to hear about the little finger.

Actually, when I first looked at the picture, I thought those were little Barbie dolls in the background. Because your finger is so close, it looked a little weird at first. But then I realized that was your quilt.

Anonymous said...

That is nothing. I broke my right pinky last month from the knuckle and had to get two pins put in. My doctor says it was the worst break he has seen. i did it by getting whacked with a field hockey stick.